About the Financial
Each year, minor hockey associations across the OMHA support numerous charities and charitable foundations. Thousands of dollars are generated and many causes and programs benefit from this support.
In 2000 the Minor Hockey Foundation Ontario (MHF) was created to support minor hockey players in the Province of Ontario. This document will focus on the Financial
Program portion of the MHF. The Financial
Program provides financial subsidy to minor hockey players who are currently experiencing difficulty raising enough funds to participate in the game.
The Minor Hockey Foundation Ontario Board reviews all applications and a member of the Board contacts the applicant to confirm whether their request will be approved. Donations to applications are not guaranteed. Each request will require a four to six week review period before the applicant will be contacted. All applicants must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All requests can only be made for players aged five to seventeen years old;
- No application will be considered unless all necessary documentation is received in full. The President of the local minor hockey association or governing body will be notified if there are any missing documents.
- Any applicant will play one of four levels of hockey: House, Local, Select/Minor Development League and Representative.
- Each grant will not exceed $300. Financial assistance will vary depending on each case. Financial subsidy cheques will be issued to the applicant’s local minor hockey association or governing body.
How to Apply
- All applications must be submitted to the MHF by 4:30 pm on October 30th of the calendar year. Each application will be reviewed for a period of four to six weeks. Upon receiving the application, the MHF will contact the applicant’s minor hockey association or governing body by mail with an acknowledgement letter. Each applicant will be contacted by the MHF no later than seven weeks after the application is submitted.
- Provide a one-page letter outlining their request.
- Provide a one-page letter from the President or designate of their local minor hockey association or governing body supporting their request.
- Provide proof of total household gross income from the Canadian government from the previous year as noted on the CCRA Notice of Assessment. Gross income must not exceed $20,000 per year (based upon one application per household and/or Board ruling).
Please send complete applications to the following address:
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Number of applications approved will be subject to available funds.
- The MHF Board reserves the right to adjudicate individual claims based on merit and special circumstances.
Minor Hockey Foundation Ontario
25 Brodie Drive, Unit 3
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3K7
E-mail: [email protected]
Privacy Statement: The MHF is committed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). In this regard, the MHF will protect the privacy and security of all personal information disclosed to or collected or used by the MHF for the purposes of running its “Financial
Program”. The MHF follows the ten (10) Canadian Standards Association principles identified in the federal PIPEDA.